UK ~ Edinburgh
Trainee Data Manager or Data Manager or Senior Data Manager
Our growing and successful business comprises over 850 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing, clinical testing and Data Sciences. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Due to expansion, we have an excellent opportunity for either a talented Trainee Data Manager or Data Manager or Senior Data Manager to join the Data Sciences department in Edinburgh.
The Data Sciences department comprises over 80 staff and provides an expert service in the data management, modelling, statistical analysis and reporting of early Phase clinical studies (both healthy volunteer and patient).
Working in the challenging environment of early phase clinical studies, you will be trained in the many different aspects of clinical data management. Opportunities also exist for candidates with previous data management experience to further their career at Quotient.
Each clinical study is set-up according to the clinical protocol, which details the study design, objectives, dosing information, data collection and reporting methods. Other project team members will perform tasks such as study database programing, data capture, etc.
Working as part of the team your data management role will involve:
- Writing the study Data Management Plan
- Creating database edit check specifications
- Testing the study database
- Reviewing data in the study database and identify missing, inconsistent and incorrect data
- Working closely with clinical staff to resolve these possible data problems.
- Following completion of data management tasks, you will then perform final database lock ready for statisticians and programmers to analyse and report.
- You will be a primary data management point of contact for Data Sciences and clinical staff and in time, sponsors.
Experienced candidates will also act as the Lead Data Manager for assigned studies; this is an important role within the wider project team and holds responsibility for all data management study aspects.
We use TrialOne software as our database system and full training will be provided alongside data management techniques. Dependent on your development, our career pathway allows you to expand your data management role over time and progress to more senior roles, tasks and sponsor interaction.
The successful candidate will have a Life Science degree (or similar qualification) or previous experience of data management and be able to demonstrate a strong interest in a career within clinical data management. Experience of data collection, knowledge of GCP or GLP and clinical trials would be an advantage.
Candidates with previous clinical data management experience will be considered for a more senior role.
Other skills and experience required:
- Good organisational and presentation skills
- Ability to work to deadlines whilst maintaining quality standards
- Good attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficient Microsoft office skills including Word and Excel
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK at the time of being offered employment.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.