US ~ Homebased
Regional Sales Leader (Western US)
Quotient’s business growth has consistently out-paced industry rates and now comprises of over 850 talented individuals sited at state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA. We nurture an environment where every colleague is valued and every client is instrumental to our success. We deliver a full range of drug development solutions and our unique Translational Pharmaceutics platform is proven to deliver enormous time and cost efficiencies.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our culture of engagement. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market sooner.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Business Development leader to flourish within a high profile position at Quotient Sciences. Reporting into the Global VP Business Development, the individual will lead a cross functional regional sales team with accountability for the team’s performance and responsibility for driving sales by acquiring new clients and maximising returns from existing accounts.
The successful candidate will possess proven leadership credentials; be a tenacious, solution-oriented professional with entrepreneurial flair and a deep understanding for relationship building at all levels both within the client and with colleagues. They will retain a drive to win business personally and motivate the team to do likewise.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the cohesive performance of a team consisting of business development, technical sales, inside sales and proposal writer.
- Accountable for the development and implementation of an expansive territory strategy to exceed target via an optimum volume, value and mix of wins.
- For your own opportunities you will own and drive the entire sales cycle, from the identification of initial opportunities, to delivery of a signed contract.
- Regular reporting to C-suite
- Quickly develop strong and mutually supportive relationships with internal colleagues (e.g. science, finance, project management).
- Know your territory. Where are the molecules? What stage of development? What will the next opportunity be for us and when?
- Know your competitors. How do they win business? and how do we compete to win?
- Travel frequently for client and team face time.
- Work with your team to develop and extend relationships with existing customers and Quotient’s Project Management team to secure repeat business.
- An ability to engage with and inspire cohesive behaviours within a cross-functional team
- Demonstrable track record of motivating a sales team to success in the CDMO sector.
- A coherent understanding of the drug development process.
- A current, fluent knowledge of the marketplace, clients and competitors
- An established network of clients and industry contacts.
- Ability to interact and impress at all levels
- Scientifically and commercially astute with an aptitude for thinking “outside the box”
- Self-starter with a hunger for new deals and a “can do” attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Educated to at least degree standard in a relevant Life Science.
This role is to be homebased, responsible for a team covering the western half of the United States.
We offer an excellent remuneration package including strong base salary commensurate with experience, bonus incentive scheme, private healthcare, life assurance, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, and 401k contribution