US ~ Homebased
Director/Sr Director, Business Development (East US)
Quotient’s business growth has consistently out-paced industry rates and now comprises of over 850 talented individuals sited at state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA. We nurture an environment where every colleague is valued and every client is instrumental to our success. We deliver a full range of drug development solutions and our unique Translational Pharmaceutics platform is proven to deliver enormous time and cost efficiencies.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our culture of engagement. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market sooner.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented BD executive to flourish within a high profile position at Quotient Sciences. The individual will be part of a high performance, cross-functional sales team and will be responsible for driving both new client acquisition and expansion of existing customer relationships.
Candidates should possess a current, in-depth knowledge of their territory and demonstrate a high level of connectivity among decision makers and influencers at all levels. You will be experienced in the CDMO sector with recent, direct experience of successfully selling formulation development and clinical manufacturing services across the biotech and pharma sectors.
We are seeking a tenacious and entrepreneurial professional to self-build a robust and deep business pipeline by spotting project opportunities from direct interactions with pharma and biotech companies. An ability to understand and succinctly articulate a customer’s problem statement and work closely with subject matter experts to build a tailored solution is critical.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Accountable for achieving sales target via an optimum volume, value and mix of wins.
- Accountable for the whole business development process from lead generation to contract close. This to be delivered via close working relationships with marketing, inside sales, technical sales, legal and project management.
- Development of a cohesive, comprehensive territory strategy and delivery against it.
- Know your territory. Where are the molecules? What stage of development? What will the next opportunity be for us and when?
- Travel for face-to-face client meetings, conferences and seminars will be an essential part of the role.
- An ability to quickly assimilate Quotient’s capabilities and clearly articulate to clients at all levels
- Understand the competitive landscape within your territory and develop tactics to exploit this to your advantage.
- Work closely with Project Management colleagues to monitor project progression and identify any and all up-sell and/or cross-sell opportunities.
- Demonstrable track record of successful sales of formulation development and clinical manufacturing services to the biotech/pharma sectorsA coherent understanding of the drug development process.
- A current, fluent knowledge of the marketplace, clients and competitors
- An established network of clients and industry contacts.
- Ability to interact at levels ranging from VP’s to Development Team scientists
- Scientifically and commercially astute with an aptitude for thinking “outside the box”
- Self starter/motivated with a hunger for new deals and a “can do” attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Educated to at least degree standard in a relevant Life Science.
- This role is to be homebased servicing territory on the east coast of the USA. The exact geography will be tailored for the right candidate
We offer an excellent remuneration package including strong base salary commensurate with experience, bonus incentive scheme, private healthcare, life assurance, dental and vision insurance, paid time off (plus additional US public holidays) and 401k contribution