US ~ Garnet Valley, PA
Senior/Executive Director, Project Management
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 800 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
To work with other operational leaders to drive best in class performance and ensure a continued culture of customer service excellence. Leadership of the Project Management team to ensure completion of allocated projects to the agreed standards of quality, to timelines and within cost budget.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Ensure all activities are conducted in line with the necessary health & safety, legal, financial, quality and regulatory compliance requirements, in accordance with company and external guidelines
- Ensure adequate recruitment, training and staff development to maintain a highly motivated, skilled and efficient PM group to meet the needs of the business
- Provide supervision, mentoring and direction to direct reports, ensuring clear annual objectives for performance to be measured against, and hold regular meetings to review progress
- Ensure all Project Management SOPs are current and the project management team trained to perform tasks allocated
- Responsibility for project delivery to ensure on time in full delivery of projects at the Reading site
- Develop, maintain and publicize monthly metrics
- Drive continuous improvements within project management using lessons learned to deliver operational efficiencies and enhanced compliance standards
- Research, development and implementation of innovative capabilities to drive business growth
- Build and maintain strong relationships to ensure first class service provision from the project management group to other members of the Quotient team and Sponsors.
- Provide support to business development to support new business opportunities
- Manage allocated key accounts including budget planning, client management and contracting
- Drive process to build repeat business opportunities for clients
- Schedule new studies and engage operations to ensure studies are delivered well with optimum utilisation of resources
- Implement and manage systems for invoicing, debtor management, change orders, revenue recognition and forecasting accuracy
- Participate in Sponsor and regulatory audits as required.
- Attend New Opportunities Council meeting for CDMO services to evaluate project fit
- Provide support to BD team for inhalation inquiries received into Quotient Sciences
- Attendance at Sales and Ops planning meeting
- Work with Finance to agree annual Project Management budget, including labour resource planning
- Monitor monthly performance against budget with aim of achieving/exceeding annual target(s)
- Report on variances and provide insight into future deviations to budget
- Propose annual remuneration increases for employees within Project Management
- Provide with justification capital expenditure requirements using the Company CAPEX Request Form
- Purchasing approval limits to be adhered to in line with Company policy
The job may involve the following:
- Having to manage a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Very high concentration of work
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to client demands
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Minimum Degree in life sciences subject
- More than 5 years’ experience in operations and/or project management within a pharmaceutical or CRO environment
- Experience of motivating and managing a team
- Proven capability for defining and monitoring relevant metrics and driving improvements to ensure first class operational performance
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.