UK ~ Nottingham
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 850 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
We have a fantastic part-time opportunity to join our Medical team in Nottingham as a Screening Physician. As the Screening Physician, you will be responsible for the medical aspects of Phase I and IIa clinical trials and will contribute to the successful planning and delivery of studies under the direction of a Principal Investigator. Your work will include the screening study subjects, review of GP reports and assessment of eligibility of study subjects at screening.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to use their medical training to gain new skills in a challenging commercial environment and who will enjoy working within a multi-skilled team including Nurses, Scientists and Project Managers.
Other tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Confirming eligibility of volunteers before being invited for study specific screening as required.
- Conducting screening to ensure subject eligibility for a specific study, including:
- Taking a full medical history from volunteers
- Performing a full physical examination for each volunteer
- Conducting or assisting clinical staff in the conduct of other study specific screening activities
- Reviewing all information gathered at pre study visit and confirming volunteer’s eligibility to take part in a study by signing the CRF
- Responsible for the development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures as required.
The Screening Physician is required to work week days 08:00-16:00, ideally Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
You will have a full license to practice by the General Medical Council, a minimum of two years of postgraduate clinical experience, which should normally involve direct patient care, and experience of prescribing and an ALS certificate issued within the last 4 years.
Previous research experience would be an advantage but is not essential, as training will be provided.
You will be passionate about the development of medicines and keen to develop your career in clinical research. Quotient offers full training and there are excellent career opportunities available.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business