UK ~ Edinburgh
Trainee Statistical Programmer
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 850 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing, clinical testing and Data Sciences. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Quotient Sciences has a fantastic career opportunity for a Trainee Statistical Programmer. This role will be based in the Statistical Programming department at our site in Edinburgh.
This is an excellent opportunity to start your career as a Trainee Statistical Programmer and be involved in the challenging environment of early phase clinical studies. You will be trained in many different aspects of statistical programming and work with complex clinical data.
Data Sciences at Quotient Sciences comprises over 70 staff and provides an expert service in the data management, modelling, analysis and reporting of early Phase clinical studies (both healthy volunteer and patient).
Each clinical study is set-up according to the clinical protocol which details the study design, objectives, dosing information, data collection and reporting methods. Other project team members will perform tasks such as study database set-up, collection of data, perform formal statistical analysis, report writing, etc.
Working as part of the team your role as a programming specialist will involve the following:
- To load data, program tables, listings, figures and study datasets
- We use the programming language SAS (an industry standard, widely used outside the clinical sector too) and full training will be provided in the SAS programming language and programing techniques
- Dependent on your development, our career pathway allows you to expand your programming role over time and progress to more senior roles and tasks
- Early Phase studies present particular SAS programming challenges due to their complexity (e.g. due to multiple study parts) and mid-study protocol/database changes, interim reporting/transfers, etc.
- You will be expected to be flexible and creative in your programming skills
The successful candidate will have a life science or numerate degree and have experience of using a programming language, ideally SAS. You will have an understanding of programming concepts and a strong interest in developing a career as a Statistical Programmer working with clinical data and standards. Previous clinical industry experience of SAS, or/ and knowledge of ICH GCP and clinical trials would be an advantage.
Candidates with previous clinical industry experience will be considered for a more senior role.
Other skills and experience required:
- Good organisational and presentation skills and be able to work to deadlines whilst maintaining quality standards
- Good attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Effective oral and written communication skills are also required as you will, in time, be a primary statistical programming point of contact with clients, external data providers and clinical staff.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK upon being offered employed.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.