UK ~ Edinburgh
Quality Control Administrator
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 850 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing, clinical testing and Data Sciences. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Quotient Sciences has an excellent opportunity for a talented Quality Control Administrator. This role will be based in the Statistical Programming department at our site in Edinburgh.
Data Sciences at Quotient Sciences comprises over 70 staff and provides an expert service in the data management, programming, analysis and reporting of early Phase clinical studies (both healthy volunteer and patient).
This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in the challenging environment of early phase clinical studies. You will be trained in many different aspects of quality control and how to provide administrative support for our statistical programmers.
Each clinical study is set-up according to the clinical protocol which details the study design, objectives, dosing information, data collection and reporting methods. Other project team members will perform tasks such as study database set-up, collection of data, perform formal statistical analysis, report writing, etc.
Working as part of the team your role will be to provide quality control (QC) and other supporting tasks to our programmers.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- QC of datasets , tables, figures and listings
- Preparation of data transfers and related documentation
- Coordinating the indexing and archiving of Statistical Programming documents
- Other administrative and support tasks as required
Dependent on your development, our career pathway allows you to expand your role over time and progress to more experienced roles and tasks.
The successful candidate will have previous experience of quality control, administration tasks and basic IT skills including Excel. Candidates must also be numerate with an eye for detail but there is no requirement for a degree.
Previous administration support experience within a scientific environment (e.g. working for a research company, academic institution, etc.) would be more applicable to this position than a formal degree qualification.
Other skills and experience required:
- Prior experience of clinical trials (e.g. as a CTA or similar clinical or data management support role), administrative support for scientific report writing (e.g. pre-clinical reports or similar) or knowledge of quality standards (e.g. GMP, GCP, GLP, etc.) would be an advantage.
- Good organisational skills and be able to work to deadlines whilst maintaining quality standards
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask are essential
- Effective oral and written communication skills are also required as you will, in time, be a primary quality control point of contact for our teams of statistical programming staff.
The role will be based in our Edinburgh office and can be full-time or part-time.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.