US ~ Miami
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 800 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
The Recreation Coordinator oversees subjects’ recreational and personal needs during their study participation.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Assists in the admission and registration of study participants on the days of admission for all research studies.
- Gives orientation to subjects upon their admission to the designated floor.
- Organizes recreational activities (including arts and crafts, games, etc.) in accordance with protocol restrictions for subjects during their inpatient stay.
- Provides recreational items for subjects, such as daily newspapers, magazines, games, videos, telephone change, etc.
- Organizes and schedules visits for subjects.
- Chaperones subjects during family visits.
- Communicates special subject needs or requests to Administration.
- Accompanies subjects who are ready for discharge to the subject waiting room.
- Accompanies subjects to personal or medical appointments on a as needed basis.
- Coordinates with housekeeping personnel to assure linen and/or other items are distributed on admission and turned in by subjects on day of discharge.
- Assists with the distribution of meal trays to subjects according to meal time schedules.
- Assists with administrative tasks and projects as assigned.
- Assists in community service projects.
- Maintains proper inventory of recreational supplies (arts & crafts, video tapes, books, etc).
- Cross training
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to client demands
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good problem solving and organizational skills
- Attention to detail – thorough in task completion
- Ability to plan and prioritize effectively
- Ability to coordinate group activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals from multi-cultural backgrounds.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- High School graduate or equivalent required; Associates degree preferred
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.