UK ~ Homebased
Business Development Director - Northern Europe
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 850 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Business Development Executive to flourish within a high profile position at Quotient Sciences. The individual will be part of a team of business development executives and will be responsible for driving sales from new accounts and existing customers in a territory within Northern Europe to be tailored to the right candidate’s strengths.
We are looking for candidates who possess a high level of market awareness, knowledge of drug development and have direct experience of selling in the areas of either Formulation Development, Clinical Manufacturing or Clinical Supply groups. Preferably of more than one.
We are seeking a tenacious professional who can self-build a robust business pipeline by spotting project opportunities from direct interactions with pharma and biotech companies. Understanding customers’ needs, building strong relationships and providing tailored solutions are key requisites for this post.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Deliver the territory sales target, through the development and pro-active management of a strong deal pipeline
- Own and drive the entire business development cycle, from the identification of initial opportunities, through the development of specific proposals, to delivery of a signed contract
- Quickly develop strong and mutually supportive relationships with internal colleagues (e.g. science, finance, project management)
- Know your territory. Where are the molecules? What stage of development? What will the next opportunity be for us and when?
- Travel frequently to be face-to-face with influencers and decision makers
- Arrange client visits “solo” or with scientific support to present Quotient Sciences vision, capabilities and expertise and convert client needs to new business
- Work with Marketing to develop and implement tactical marketing plans for the territory to generate enquires within the territory
- Develop and extend relationships with existing customers and Quotient’s Project Management team to secure repeat business
- Ensure the clean and efficient hand-over of projects from business development to Project Management and operational delivery
- Frequent travel within the territory is essential
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record of successful sales of Formulation Development, Clinical Manufacturing or Clinical Supply groups and be educated to at least degree standard in a relevant Life Science subject.
Other skills and experience required:
- A coherent understanding of the drug development process
- A current, fluent knowledge of the marketplace, clients and competitors
- An established network of clients and industry contacts
- Ability to interact at levels ranging from VP’s to Development Team scientists
- Scientifically and commercially astute with an aptitude for thinking “outside the box”
- Self-starter/motivated with a hunger for new deals and a “can do” attitude
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
This role is to be homebased, therefore we are flexible on location within the United Kingdom or Europe.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.