US ~ Miami
Lab Assistant (Per Diem)
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 850 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
- Responsible for following protocol guidelines for the preparation, collection, transfer and storage of all specimens according to protocol requirements.
- Ensures proper study sample collection and storage of samples and assisting as needed in shipping biological samples to sponsor designated analytical laboratories..
- Ensures high quality study data is collected in accordance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) standards.
Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment and follow OSHA guidelines while performing specific tasks.
Ensures subject safety at all times.
Opportunity for regular growth and promotion upon demonstration of abilities and excellent work performance.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and strict Good Documentation Practices (GDP) guidelines.
- Review and understand study protocols prior to initiation of study.
- Remain up to date with ongoing Protocols and Lab Manual specimen processing requirements.
- Assists in the planning, implementing and verifying the proper preparation of collection tubes, freezer vials and their respective labels.
- Centrifuge blood samples according to the speed and duration of time as detailed by each protocol.
- Compares Correlate high volumes of collection tubes and to storage vials, ensuring that both tube and vial are correct prior to processing of samples.
- Pipette plasma or serum into the correct QC’d storage vial prior to freezing or further processing.
- Submits the lab supply requests to Administration on a timely basis using the properly filled out Lab Supply Request form.
- Assists in identifying and providing the information required for the formatting and processing of labels to be affixed to the blood collection tubes and specimen tubes.
- Maintain source documents, such as the Laboratory Sample Processing records and Sample Inventory records,Record indicating the handling of each specimen following strict GDP guidelines.
- Assist in verifying that the lab requisitions for specimens, including blood and urine, sent to the outside clinical labs contain the correct test(s), date and time of collection and other specimen identifiers (subject numbers, etc).
- Verifie that all bio hazardous materials are disposed of in the appropriate biohazard container and/or boxappropriately,, following site SOPs and State of Florida OSHA guidelines.
- Work as a team with other lab and clinical staff to accomplish tasks.
Maintain clean, efficient and organized work space.
- Assist in any other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Phlebotomist certificate
- Experience in laboratory procedures (Minimum 2 year lab experience preferred)
- Must be able to separate plasma and operate laboratory centrifuges.
- Working knowledge of State of Florida OSHA guidelines.
- Thorough in task completion - attention to detail.
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to client demands
In return you will receive a competitive salary, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.