UK ~ Nottingham
Our growing and successful business comprises over 900 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Quotient Sciences have a brand new career opportunity for a talented Commercial Analyst to join the Client Services department at our site in Nottingham. As the Commercial Analyst, you will be required to take ownership for data capture, analysis and reporting processes to deliver timely and accurate business metrics to the group leadership team.
You will be required to review and improve upon existing processes/systems and develop new models to support the growth of the business. You will interact with senior representatives from commercial, financial and technical teams and your output will influence strategic business decisions.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Work with large volumes of complex data from multiple systems
- Generate accurate and professional output to inform leadership team decision making
- Collate, QC, analyse, accurately report and visualise data, including:
- Global commercial data (e.g. sales pipeline, global order intake)
- Client Services departmental data (e.g. costing and pricing, departmental KPIs)
- Own the administrative aspects of costing outputs to support next stage processes
- Work closely with technical experts to build improved systems that support business growth
- Work and communicate effectively with other departments across the business including Business Development, Marketing, and Finance
- Work and communicate effectively with stakeholders and governance teams
- Deliver against business objectives and achieve quality outcomes
- Prioritise and manage workload, whilst working to tight deadlines
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ commercial experience in a similar Commercial Analyst role and be educated to at least degree level in a scientific, financial or business management discipline. You should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel to an advanced level, and have experience of using other reporting tools to present and collate data from various different sources. Previous experience of using SQL to create reports and extract data from a variety of different data sources is ideal.
Essential skills and experiences required:
- Oustanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Previous experience in a data analysis role
- Previous experience of process analysis and improvement
- Ability to recommend and implement new strategies
- Ability to prioritise effectively and deliver to tight deadlines
- Flexible approach to work (including unsociable hours at month-end/year-end)
- Sense of urgency and achievement
- Effective communication at all levels, including senior management
- Global organizational and commercial awareness
- Strategic business thinking
Preferred experience required for this role:
- Previous experience working in a fast-moving, technical/scientific environment
- Working understanding of the early phase drug development process
- Broad knowledge of Pharmaceutical and Biotech industry
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.