US ~ Homebased
Senior/Executive Director, Product Development (West US Preferred)
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 800 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
- You will be a key scientific member of Quotient’s Pharmaceutical Sciences team, guiding and influencing our customer’s thinking and strategy on how they progress their formulation and manufacturing programs with Quotient Sciences
- Working with our commercial, operational and scientific teams, you will be responsible for working with the customers primarily in US west coast region and leading the design of differentiated, customized, integrated programs of work leveraging our global formulation and manufacturing capabilities which meet/exceed their expectations.
- In designing bespoke customer programs, you will create a vision for the customer to maximizing our ability to secure downstream clinical and /commercial manufacturing
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Support early client discussions with a focus on our formulation development and manufacturing capabilities from candidate selection through to commercial manufacture
- Review data packages provided by customers to understand the pharmaceutical development needs of new molecules based on first principles
- Own/lead pharmaceutical science program design activities, working with other scientific, technical, and operational resources in the business as required
- Accountable for providing complete and high quality information to Client Services to allow on time generation of high quality proposals
- Communicate Quotient’s go-to-market messaging to promote our unique ability to combine and integrate capabilities to reduce the time and cost of development and accelerate medicines to patients
- In all customer interactions seek to convey scientific thought leadership status to be able to win trust with senior stakeholders, influence thinking and program design, positioning Quotient’s services and capabilities as value-add differentiators
- Ensure Quotient’s capability to move molecules through to commercial are fully articulated during early program scoping discussions, to maximise these opportunities being realized by Quotient
- Where required, provide scientific oversight and support to project teams for projects during operational delivery to ensure objectives are achieved
- Share key project learnings within Quotient
- Listening to the marketplace, help drive strategic initiatives enabling Quotient to become the partner of choice for drug development services.
- Work with marketing and Global VP Pharm Sci to create/update external communication materials and content and support external events to drive marketplace awareness and customer adoption of Quotient’s services
- Minimum BS degree; PhD desired
- >10 years’ experience in pharmaceutical sciences across the development lifecycle
- Understanding of overall drug development process
- leadership qualities
- Proven capability of establishing and leveraging positive relationships at all levels across an organization to achieve success
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong market and customer knowledge and focus
- Strong business acumen and commercially astute
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.