UK ~ Nottingham
Clinical Research Physician
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 900 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Medical team in Nottingham as a Clinical Research Physician. As the Clinical Research Physician, you will be responsible for the medical aspects of Phase I and IIa clinical trials and will contribute to the successful planning and delivery of studies under the direction of a Principal Investigator. Your work will include the screening and medical supervision of study subjects, review of study protocols and production of safety reports.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to use their medical training to gain new skills in a challenging commercial environment and who will enjoy working within a multi-skilled team including Nurses, Scientists and Project Managers.
Other tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Confirming eligibility of volunteers before being invited for study specific screening as required.
- Conducting screening to ensure subject eligibility for a specific study, including:
- Taking a full medical history from volunteers
- Performing a full physical examination for each volunteer
- Conducting or assisting clinical staff in the conduct of other study specific screening activities
- Reviewing all information gathered at pre study visit and confirming volunteer’s eligibility to take part in a study by signing the CRF
- Assisting the Senior Research Physician / Principal Investigator with ward duties.
- Working closely with the Principal Investigator to understand the rationale for study design to facilitate the planning and delivery of individual studies.
- Supporting the Principal Investigator in discussions with clients.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures as required.
- On call duty will be required after a period of 6 weeks, which will be shared with the rest of the medical team.
- You will have a full license to practice by the General Medical Council, a minimum of two years of postgraduate clinical experience, which should normally involve direct patient care, and experience of prescribing and an ALS certificate issued within the last 4 years.
- Previous research experience would be an advantage but is not essential, as training will be provided.
- You will be passionate about the development of medicines and keen to develop your career in clinical research. Quotient offers full training and there are excellent career opportunities available.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business