UK ~ Nottingham
Assistant Financial Accountant
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 900 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Due to growth and expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Financial Accountant role. As the Assistant Financial Accountant you will be responsible for supporting the Financial Accountant in day to day tasks; ensuring all aspects of Accounts are conducted in line with best practice and company policy and procedures. Whilst initially the role will focus on supporting the UK business, in time there will be increased emphasis on supporting the wider group including the US businesses. You will report to the Financial Accountant.
Tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in preparation of Management Accounts
- Preparation of Accruals and Prepayments
- Bank Reconciliations
- Monthly VAT reconciliations
- Maintenance of Fixed Assets register
- Support preparation of Balance Sheet Reconciliation incl. Inter-company reconciliation
- Profit and Loss analysis
- Variance analysis
- VAT returns and NIC/PAYE payments
- Assisting in cash flow forecasting of income and expenditure
- Supporting Year-End/Audit process
- Ad hoc analyses and reports
The successful candidate will have 2 years minimum experience working within an accounts department with a thorough understanding of how the Accounting Function works.
Essential skills and experience are:
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Good working knowledge of VAT processing and administration
- AAT qualified / Part ACCA qualified
- Experience of process improvement and implementation
- Experience in collecting and analysing data
- Strong interpersonal/telephone skills
- Knowledge of the following accounting software packages, Sage, SAP, Access Dimensions, FocalPoint or similar accounting systems
- Worked within a multi-company/international group
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK at the time of being offered employment.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.