UK ~ Nottingham
Senior IT Project Manager
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 900 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Due to business growth, we have a brand new career opportunity for a Senior IT Project Manager at our site in Nottingham.
Reporting to the Group Director of Information Technology Services, the Senior IT Project Manager will be required to manage the Quotient Portfolio of IT Systems and projects and be ultimately responsible for their delivery. This will include defining project scope, developing the execution plan, leading Quotient teams to deliver systems/IT projects that span across one or more business units.
You will be required to define necessary resources to ensure delivery as planned and to meet company objectives, as well as being responsible for measuring and reporting each project to predefined aspects of scope, time, cost, and quality during project execution and at closeout.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Management of resources, schedules, financials and adherence to all applicable quality standards.
- Ensure that all systems are validated and commissioned in accordance with internal quality control standards and external governing bodies guidance/regulation.
- Develop, manage, measure and report on all aspects of assigned projects or programs; includes design (scoping), planning, executing, tracking, measuring, and reporting to closure and post closure.
- Engagement with internal and external (i.e., customer, vendor) stakeholders ensuring all project/program aspects considered and issues and risks managed to ensure appropriate delivery
- Manage the Quotient Portfolio of IT Systems and assigned projects as needed by the business
- Ensure that projects and programs are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards
- Provide on-site leadership for project team members by building and motivating team members to meet project goals
- Ensure that implemented software systems are delivered in accordance with computerized system validation processes
- Liaise with operational teams to manage the day-to-day project activities
The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor's Degree in an appropriate field of study or equivalent and be an established IT Project Manager with an excellent track record of project management experience, including scoping, planning, tracking, measuring and reporting on projects. You should also have a previous experience with gathering requirements from the customer/ business and documentation.
Other skills and experience required:
- Experience or qualified with Prince 2 or PMP (as appropriate) and/or Agile Project Management methodologies
- Experience of Pharmaceutical Computerized System Validation process and an awareness of GAMP and GMP guidelines is prefered.
- Experience managing a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business
- Experience in successfully leading projects and programs to on-time, on-schedule and within budget performance
- Experience drafting and submitting budget proposals/business cases and recommending subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business units, ability to bring people together and resolve conflicts
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, non-verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent creative, analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent demonstration of teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience using MS Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
In return you will receive a competitive salary, benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.