US ~ Garnet Valley, PA
Director, Facilities and Engineering
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 900 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
- Oversee management, maintenance and operation of the physical plant, laboratories, manufacturing, scientific and support equipment areas.
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees and vendors/contractors in the maintenance and upkeep of buildings, grounds and equipment to meet GMP standards and Quotient Sciences expectations.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all buildings, grounds, equipment and utilities in compliance with Federal, State and local building codes
- Provide leadership and direction for planning, organizing, developing and integrating the facility's technical efforts. To include reporting of the departmental systems, goals, priorities, schedules, risk analysis, budgets, metrics, and timelines.
- Create a culture of teamwork in problem-solving, technical skills and business ethics.
- Communicate with property management firm(s) for all leased buildings
- Assist in the design, planning, and construction of buildings, equipment, and other facilities.
- Coordinate the activities of all related departments (R/D, Quality, Materials Handling/Warehouse, Validation, and Manufacturing) to successfully complete projects.
- Organize and prepare technical documentation necessary to ensure cGMP compliance of all facilities operations.
- Collaborates with EHS to:
- Ensure facilities and their operations meet all relevant EHS policies and procedures
- Provide a safe working environment for employees and visitors
- Preparation of annual department budget by providing input on facility needs, staff development needs, long term site projects, and contract support needs.
- Develops long and short- range maintenance plans/programs (i.e. CMMR, Blue Mountain, Work Order System, etc.) to ensure continuous improvement and effective use of resources.
- Develop and report metrics for continuous improvement/maintenance of the facility.
- Responsible for contractors to provide facility services, such as security, landscaping, snow removal, janitorial services, etc.
- Perform annual performance reviews for Facilities & Engineering staff members
- Proven capability to appropriately challenge status quo, drive and support innovation- including new ideas to streamline and enhance processes rather than solely implement current tactics
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Very high concentration of work
- Must be able to meet strict and tight deadlines and client demands
- Ability to perform multiple tasks/issues simultaneously
- May be subject to hazardous environments with high requirements to follow safety procedures
- On call and available to work outside normal working hours
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or an equivalent amount of experience and education.
- Minimum of five years managing facilities maintenance and engineering in a GMP manufacturing facility
- Experience in participating in client and regulatory audits while utilizing tact and patience in providing requested information
- Effective use of standard business software, presentation and reporting skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences
- Experience in providing customer service with a positive, can-do attitude
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.