UK ~ Nottingham
IT Support Technician
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 900 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
We are seeking a motivated IT Support Technician to be based at Quotient’s site in Nottingham. You will be using and supporting the latest hardware, server virtualisation platforms and a wide range of software packages in our busy, highly regulated environment, working in Information Technology Services and reporting to the Support Team Leader.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the first point of contact and providing technical support for all internal users, onsite and remotely
- Raising, tracking, escalating and completing support tickets through the helpdesk system
- General maintenance and repairs of PCs, laptops, printers, etc.
- Building and installing new computers / laptops for users
- Creating and managing user accounts and security groups within the network systems and software packages
- Assisting specific projects within the business that require input from Information Technology Services
- Liaising with external contractors, support providers and fellow IT professionals
- Compliance with our regulatory requirements, policies and procedures
- Deal with technically challenging fault finding and long term business resource planning
This role is based at our Nottingham site, however there will be a requirement for occasional travel to our other UK sites, in Edinburgh and Reading. Whilst a Driving Licence is not essential, it is considered highly beneficial.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate ideally 2 years previous experience in 1st line support. Educational/Training qualifications will be considered, but experience is more relevant to the role. Previous experience working in a regulated environment is considered advantageous, but not essential.
Other essential skills and experiences required are:
- Ability to lift and move computers, servers and associated equipment (working with others where necessary) between offices and buildings using lifting equipment as needed. If additional support is required lifting or moving equipment it will be provided
- Be self-motivated, ambitious with a determined attitude to succeed and have a desire for personal growth. You will also have the ability to work independently and quickly to reach targets, whilst maintaining first class customer service
- Be able to communicate with staff, clients, and third parties in a courteous, clear and professional manner
- Have a proven ability in verbal and written communication skills
- Have strong attention to detail and order in your work, with a desire for good organisation
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK at the time of being offered employment.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.