UK ~ Nottingham
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 900 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Due to business growth, we have an exciting role available for a Project Scientist to join our Pharmaceutical Development team at Quotient’s site in Nottingham.
Quotient Sciences’ Pharmaceutical Development team have vast experience across an array of drug product formats for administration via oral, solid dose, inhaled, topical, rectal and parenteral routes. Programmes are led by highly skilled cross-functional Project Managers, and our Project Scientists offer scientifically rich decision-making to reduce the probability that a drug will fail in later stage clinical testing due to sub-optimal formulation performance.
As the Project Scientist, you will work closely alongside our Project Management team supporting all project set-up activities within Pharmaceutical Sciences and you will interact with clients from the initiation of the programme.
This is a client-facing role. You will be working with a multifunctional team, therefore you will be required to work and communicate effectively across different areas of the business. Being able to build strong working relationships and to collaborate with colleagues and clients is key to being successful in this position.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Leading the product development team, and technical expert oversight throughout project lifecycle
- Communication of technical progress to clients
- Ensuring the timely completion of development plans and reports, analytical qualification protocol, reports and laboratory write-ups.
- Formulation development aspects of the development programmes and the ensuring the provision of draft batch records to manufacturing operations
- Ensuring smooth transition of programmes to GMP Operations including the provision of batch records and draft IMP labels
- Supporting the project set-up activities within Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Writing and review of analytical and formulation test protocols and reports
- Identification of excipients and preparation of relevant specifications relating to study requirements
- Training of new/existing staff
- Writing and updating SOPs and analytical methods
- Investigation / review / and completion of deviations and CAPAs where appropriate
The ideal candidate should have a minimum degree level qualification in a relevant science subject (e.g. pharmacy, pharmaceutical or formulation science) and the ideal candidate will have some CMC product development or study lead experience. Candidates that have relevant experience within industry or in a similar role will be at an advantage. Excellent project management, teamwork and communication skills are essential in this role.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.