US ~ Garnet Valley, PA
Senior Maintenance Mechanic
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 900 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
- Manage the installation and repair of facilities equipment and systems
- Provide support for maintenance and validation activities.
- Mentor junior maintenance mechanics and calibration technicians.
- To comply & adhere to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards.
- Provide support to Maintenance Supervisor and act as maintenance lead in their absence.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Indirect supervision of:
- Facilities Engineering personnel to meet department needs.
- Contract Engineers (Design, Process, Project, Electrical).
- Construction Contractors (Electrical, Mechanical), and Automation Contractors
- Must be able to utilize technical documentation (e.g. - manuals, specifications, drawings, etc.) to complete assigned maintenance activities.
- Must be able to assist in root cause analysis of instrumentation/equipment failures.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Experience maintaining and leading a variety of process and facility maintenance projects in the Pharmaceutical industry. A maintenance engineer who can work at a quick pace in a productive plant and who likes to creatively solve problems is preferred. Ability to develop written plans and verbally communicate those plans that have strong initiative is desired.
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Continually required to smell
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally work in high, precarious places
- Occasionally work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally exposed to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision; Distance vision; Color vision; Peripheral vision; Depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to meet OSHA requirements to wear respiratory personal protective equipment (PPE).
- The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to client demands
- Desired: Associates of Science or specialty degree/certification from a vocational institution.
- High School, or GED (minimum).
- Required: Minimum of five (5) years of performing corrective/preventative maintenance activities for equipment and utilities.
- Required: Project management experience for mid to small-scale facilities related projects.
- Required: Minimum of two (2) years of working in a FDA regulated GxP environment, an ISO 9002 environment, or other regulated environment with a defined quality system (e.g. - nuclear).
- Desired: 1-3 years of direct usage of a CMMS.
- Fluent in communications (verbal/written) in English
- Basic mathematics and geometry knowledge
Other Skills, Abilities, or Qualifications
- Required: Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including: Project, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Required: Ability to read and understand building and MEP systems plans/drawings.
- Required: Ability to work independently as well as with others in a team environment.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.