UK ~ Reading
Junior Analytical Scientist
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 900 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
As the Junior Analytical Scientist, you will be responsible for performing routine daily operations in the GMP analytical laboratory, this will include routine calibration of the lab equipment, performing HPLC, FTIR, UV, Dissolution & KF analysis and performing one or more of NGI, ED, PSD. There is always a fresh challenge, offering graduates and experienced scientists the chance to develop their expertise within the cutting edge of Pharmaceutical Science.
- Actively participate in day-to-day lab activities & general lab maintenance tasks
- Analytical support to formulation
- Analytical support to method development and validation under supervision
- Analytical support to IMP manufacture and release under supervision
- To evaluate data and contribute to problem solving under supervision
- Perform job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP and all other regulatory agency requirements
- Operate the equipment in compliance with documentation e.g. SOPs
- Carry out duties in accordance with the companies’ health and safety policies
- To maintain your own training record and to discuss needs with your line manager
- To employ the principle of continuous improvement and a basis of teamwork in day to day activities with colleagues
- Undertake any other duties as requested by management
- Flexibility to work outside of normal hours and to do shift work as and when required by the company
- Flexibility to take on other cross functional responsibilities based on company needs
- This role is based at our Reading site.
This role is open to graduates. You will be reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated as well as having excellent communication skills both written and verbally. Good IT skills and attention to detail are also a must.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK at the time of being offered employment.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.