US ~ Miami
Housekeeper (Per Diem)
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 700 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specializing in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real-time GMP manufacturing, and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
As a Housekeeper, you will provide general cleaning, linen, and meal distribution services.
Other tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for keeping each floor unit clean and orderly, including subject sleeping, eating, and recreational areas, and nursing unit, to include the moving of furniture to assure all debris is collected and discarded after each discharge.
- Responsible for cleaning all refrigerators, freezers, food storage areas, microwaves, and toasters. Responsible for properly disposing of any food remains in appropriate receptacles.
- Responsible for cleaning all bathrooms, showers, utility rooms, offices on a daily basis and ensuring that these are properly supplied with toilet paper, liquid soap, paper towels, air deodorant spray, etc.
- Responsible for mopping, vacuuming and dusting all areas on a daily basis.
- Maintain elevator interior and exterior areas clean and free of debris.
- Daily emptying of all wastepaper baskets, shredding machine debris and trash bins, and placement of an additional wastebasket or trash liner in each basket/bin.
- Responsible for timely reporting of any cleaning equipment failure or plumbing malfunction to administration staff and/or the handyman for repair or replacement.
- Assists in the inspection of all baggage, personal items, purses, and plastic bags brought in by subjects on the day of admission; removes any items considered contraband (including food or candy), stores in a labeled plastic bag and completes a contraband form documenting any item(s) removed.
- Prepares beds and linen for clinic admissions. Assists in collecting linens and moving luggage at the time of discharge.
- Maintains a log of linen items distributed to and collected from each subject upon arrival and departure from each floor unit discharge and obtains the subject signature.
- Remove used linen from subject beds, waste material, and contaminated waste from unit areas using protective gloves.
- Responsible for inspection and re-stocking of supplies on all floors on a daily basis (i.e. paper towels, napkins, eating utensils, paper plates, paper cups, etc.).
- Responsible for washing, drying and folding of bed linen and bath towels on an ongoing basis to assure sufficient supply is available for immediate use.
- Responsible for reviewing supplies on hand (i.e. paper towels, toilet paper, cleaning supplies, cups, paper goods, etc.) and notifying Administration on a timely basis to facilitate the ordering and replacement of supplies.
- Performs housekeeping functions at the Executive Office and Screening Office as needed.
- Familiar with OSHA compliance manual for cleaning, laundry, and trash disposal.
- Meal Service.
- Assists with any other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have organizational, time management, and able to multi-task.
Other essential skills and experience are:
- Experience in general housekeeping services.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize job tasks for maximum efficiency.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other housekeeping and maintenance staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management personnel.