UK ~ Reading
Material Science Scientist
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 900 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Due to an increased number of projects within our Material Sciences department. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Scientist to join our dynamic team. Within the Material Sciences department no two days are the same, you will be a key member supporting our diverse analysis and troubleshooting often required to meet very tight deadlines.
• Supporting project set-up and delivery.
• Completion of analytical testing to deadlines.
• Writing and review of test protocols and reports.
• Laboratory write ups & checking.
• Writing and updating SOPs and methods.
• Completion / review of LIRs and QI/QEs where appropriate.
• Participate in general lab maintenance tasks including calibration and maintenance of all instruments within the department.
This role is based at our Reading site.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working within teams whilst also individually responsible for their direct projects and will ideally have:
• Minimum HNC/D science qualification.
• Analytical R&D development experience in a pharmaceutical laboratory environment.
• Experience of working with in a GMP regulated environment.
• Experience of performing independent analysis, method development and validation.
• Experience in solid state characterisation of pharmaceutical drug substances and drug products is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK at the time of being offered employment.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.