US ~ Miami
Shipping Coordinator- Full Time
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 850 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
- Responsible for following protocol guidelines for the preparation, collection, transfer and storage of all specimens according to protocol requirements.
- Monitors proper study sample collectionEnsures study data is collected to a high quality in accordance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) standards.
- Ensures subject safty at all times.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Reviews and understands study protocols and laboratory sample handling/processing requirements prior to initiation of study.
- Maintains organization and cleanliness of work space.
- Places samples in a rack in numerical order by subject number for transfer into previously prepared and labeled storage vials.
- Assists in the planning, implementing and verifying the proper preparation of collection tubes, freezer vials and their respective labels.
- Centrifuge blood samples according to the speed and duration of time as detailed by each protocol.
- Compares collection tube and storage vial, ensuring that both tube and vial are correct, and pipettes plasma or serum into the correct storage vial prior to freezing or further processing.
- Pipette plasma or serum into the correct QC’d storage vial prior to freezing or further processing.
- Documents the time samples were placed in the centrifuge, the transfer of each specimen to a freezer vial and the time the samples were placed in the freezer onto the appropriate Laboratory Sample Processing Record or in an electronic sample tracking system following GCP and GDP.
- Verifies that all biohazardous materials are disposed of in the appropriate biohazard container and/or box, and that they are properly labeled and placed in the bio hazardous waste transport container for pickup.
- Monitors laboratory fridges, freezers and centrifuges, documents temperature readings and confirms operating status and settings of the lab equipment as directed.
- Cleans work surface areas and laboratory equipment as directed.
- Assists in taking inventory of lab supplies and maintaining adequate supplies for each study
- Assists in the review of protocol specimen processing requirements, and identifying the quantity and availability of supplies needed to accomplish specimen collection.
Assists in transferring and labelling all study documents in soft binders for archival per relevant SOPs.
Assists in any other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Phlebotomist certificate
- Experience in laboratory procedures (Minimum 2 year lab experience preferred)
- Must be able to separate plasma and operate laboratory centrifuges.
- Working knowledge of State of Florida OSHA guidelines.
- Thorough in task completion - attention to detail.
The job may involve the following:
Very high concentration of work
Strict and tight deadlines
Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
Working outside normal working hours
Needing to respond to client demands
In return you will receive a competitive salary, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.