UK ~ Nottingham
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 900 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Clinical because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Due to business growth, we have an exciting career opportunity available for a Formulation Scientist at our site in Nottingham.
Quotient Sciences’ formulation teams have vast experience across an array of drug product formats for administration via; solid oral dosage forms, oral and nasal dosage forms, solubility-enhanced dosage forms, parenterals, gels, ointments and creams.
As a Formulation Scientist you will conduct formulation development work including pre-formulation and formulation characterisation whilst supporting development and validation of radiolabelling methods for clinical studies. You’ll transfer formulation and radiolabelling methods into GMP clinical manufacturing, with input on manufacturing protocols, validation criteria and other key parameters and write experimental protocol and reports.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Plan experiments and write protocols, according to an agreed work schedule
- Prepare and characterise formulations
- Perform radiolabelling method development, validation activities
- Work in a safe responsible manner at all times and towards the implementation of GLP and GMP
- Storage, use and disposal of Radioactive Isotopes in line with regulatory requirements and PP SOPs, to include liaising with Radiation Protection Supervisor (RPS) or nominated Deputy on any radiation protection issues that may arise.
- Keeping detailed and accurate records of all work undertaken.
- Accurate analysis and calculation of results, in line with written Protocol and /or SOPs of the company.
- Write internal and external reports as necessary.
- Communicate progress of in vitro and in vivo projects effectively to senior managers or Quotient staff as required
- Carry out routine cleaning and general laboratory maintenance duties, as required
- Be aware of the need for confidentiality outside the company
- Perform other duties as reasonably required
The successful candidate will have a degree level science qualification in pharmaceutical sciences or related discipline. Previous formulation development experience within the pharmaceutical industry is required for this role.
Other skills and experience required:
- GMP experience will be an advantage
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, whilst juggling a range of tasks simultaneously
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Knowledge on radioisotopes would be desirable
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.