UK ~ Nottingham
Laboratory Technician - 12 months maternity cover
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 800 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
We have an opening for a Laboratory Technician to join us on a temporary basis for 12 months in our Pharmaceutical Sciences department, at Quotient's site in Nottingham.
The Laboratory Technician will be fundamental to the success of the business through providing effective support for scientific staff in Laboratory areas.
In this role, you will maintain clean/tidy laboratories, conducting routine calibration and equipment checks, laboratory inspections and maintaining appropriate levels of garments/consumables. You must comply & adhere to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards by ensuring compliance through the Quality framework and follow procedures that govern the work performed in this role.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Keeping laboratory areas clean and tidy including emptying/filling of glassware washer as well as ad hoc cleaning as required by formulation development teams.
- Performing equipment cleaning on specific equipment and support scientific staff by washing and drying glassware as required.
- Supporting scientific staff by monitoring and maintaining levels of consumables within laboratory areas, and support scientific staff with associated tasks as and when required.
- Performing routine cleaning and calibration of pipettes, balances. Ensuring these activities are carried out in an efficient manner so that laboratory work can always start on time.
- Keeping detailed and accurate records in Logbooks of all work undertaken; also perform spot check of logbooks to ensure that all records are clear, concise and legible at all times.
- Assisting with the management, maintenance and coordination of research materials, development materials and equipment store and provide support to the team as necessary.
- Communicating with management and development team staff to ensure the laboratory is audit-ready at all times.
- Complying with all relevant Standard Operating Procedures and keeping training file up to date.
The successful candidate will have previous laboratory experience from a similar role within in a pharmaceutical environment although this is not essential. You will ideally be familiar with GMP and laboratory procedures.
You will have a high attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Previous experience of working in a hazardous environment and following safety procedures is desirable.
Other skills and experience required:
- High attention to detail.
- Being able to work effectively within a team environment.
- Confident working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Flexible approach to meet business needs.
Full-time or part-time/ school hours will be considered for this role.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK at the time of being offered employment.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.