UK ~ Edinburgh
Trainee Medical Writer or Medical Writer
Our growing and successful business comprises over 900 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing, clinical testing and Data Sciences. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market
We have an excellent opportunity for a Trainee Medical Writer or experienced Medical Writer to join our Medical Writing department, based in Edinburgh. You will be involved in the challenging environment of early phase clinical research and be trained in the many different aspects of medical writing.
Data Sciences at Quotient Sciences comprises 6 departments (including Medical Writing) with over 80 staff and provides an expert service in the data management, analysis and medical writing of early phase clinical studies.
Working as part of the team, you will be responsible for:
- Writing the study protocol (study design, objectives, methodology, etc.) before commencement of the clinical study
- Writing the Clinical Study Report (study results, interpretation, conclusions, etc.) after completion of the clinical phase of the study and the availability of statistical results.
- QC of study protocols and Clinical Study Reports
- The role also involves working closely with other staff in our Medical Writing department and the Project Statistician, Pharmacokinetist, Programmer, Medic, Project Manager and Quality Assurance staff.
Full training will be provided in medical writing processes and techniques. Dependent on your development, our career pathway allows you to expand your skills over time and progress to more senior roles and tasks.
The successful candidate will have a degree with a large scientific content, and you will have the ability to summarise/interpret data and demonstrate a strong interest in a career as a Medical Writer. Some prior experience working on Phase I-IV clinical trials (e.g. pharmacovigilance, monitoring, regulatory, knowledge of GCP, etc.), medical communications and/or pre-clinical report writing (e.g. toxicology reports, GLP, etc.) would be an advantage. Additional scientific related qualifications such as an MSc or PhD would also be helpful.
Candidates with previous medical writing experience will be considered for a more senior role. Training will be provided to help you further your writing skills and achieve a Lead role for medical writing tasks within Data Sciences project teams.
Other essential skills and experience required are:
- Proficient Microsoft office skills including Word and Excel
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines whilst maintaining quality standards
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK at the time of being offered employment. This role will be based in our Edinburgh office. For candidates with experience, the role can be home based or based in our Nottingham office.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.