UK ~ Nottingham
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 900 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
Due to business growth, we have a brand new career opportunity at our site in Nottingham for a Senior Buyer to join the Procurement Department. The Procurement Department is a small, yet growing team, with 4 people based in Nottingham and 2 people in the US.
Reporting to the Group Director, Procurement, the Senior Buyer will be responsible for the sourcing and procurement of high quality supplies, equipment, materials and services required to support the various business units at Quotient Sciences and providing purchasing support to the business.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop and maintain in-depth understanding of all sites’ operations to determine essential goods and services to support the business needs.
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies for specific spend categories and tender as appropriate.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Proactively track competitive supplier sources to assure supply of the highest quality and appropriate cost materials, goods and/or services in support of operations.
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Carry out regular price benchmarking assessments and negotiate prices with suppliers
- Craft negotiation strategies and negotiate supplier contracts to ensure fair and equitable terms and conditions.
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks associated with the inbound supply chain.
- In conjunction with the Group Director of Procurement, develop and administer policies, procedures and/or systems to support best in class practices.
- Investigate and resolve local purchasing discrepancies with suppliers and Finance.
- Processing of purchase orders through the ERP system (includes checking and amending order details, consolidating orders where possible, placing and chasing orders with suppliers, liaising with end users)
- Provide general assistance to the Group Director of Procurement and the global purchasing function as necessary. Liaise with the Purchasing Manager, US on specific projects as necessary.
The successful candidate will have a degree, ideally in Business or Purchasing and be CIPS qualified, or working towards this. You will also have previous experience in a senior purchasing role with demonstrable achievements in various spend categories. Previous experience of working within a regulated environment is preferred but not essential.
Other skills and experience required:
- Highly computer literate
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organised with execellent attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines
- Full UK driving licence
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.