Statistician or Senior Statistician
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Due to our continued growth and success we have an excellent career opportunity for a talented Statistician or Senior Statistian to join our Data Sciences department and further your career. You will be involved in the challenging environment of early phase clinical studies and play a key role in the expansion and continuous development of our statistical services.
Data Sciences at Quotient comprises over 80 staff and provides an expert service in the data management, pharmacokinetics, analysis and reporting of early Phase clinical studies (both healthy volunteer and patient).
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Statistical input into study design
- Generation of study randomisations
- Production of Reporting and Analysis Plans
- Performing statistical analyses using SAS
- Interpreting statistical results
- Review/input into key study documents e.g., clinical protocols, Data Management Plans, clinical study reports, etc.
- Early Phase studies present particular statistical challenges due to their complexity (often with multiple study parts), interim analyses, protocol changes and the urgent requirement from sponsors for their key results; you will be expected to be flexible and creative in your statistical skills.
- (Senior candidates will also take on a Lead study role for Statistical tasks and become involved in staff training/mentoring and hold study/programme design discussions including sponsor contact).
Dependent on your development, our career pathway allows you to expand your statistical role over time, and progress to more senior roles and tasks. Training will be provided to help your further your statistical skills and achieve a Lead role for statistical tasks within Data Sciences projects teams. You will, in time, be a primary statistical point of contact with clients, regulators and clinical staff.
The successful candidate will have a degree with a large statistical content (and ideally an MSc), a minimum of 18 months statistical experience in the CRO or pharmaceutical industry, with hands on SAS programming experience. Working knowledge of early phase statistical methodology and CDISC standards (such as ADaM and to a lesser extent, SDTM) would be an advantage.
Candidates with more experience will be considered for senior roles.
Other skills and experience required:
- Good organisational and presentation skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining quality standards
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Effective oral and written communication skills
The role is based in our Edinburgh office. However, experienced candidates could be based at our Nottingham offices or be partially or fully home based.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK at the time of being offered employment.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.