UK ~ Nottingham
Infrastructure Technician Apprentice - Level 3
Our growing and successful business comprises of over 900 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing. We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
We have an exciting Apprenticeship opportunity in our Information Technology Services Department for an Infrastructure Technician Apprentice - Level 3. The apprenticeship training is provided by Babington College. You will be required to work 4 days per week at Quotient in the Helpdesk Support Team, where you will receive on the job training. You will also receive blended learning from Skills Coaches at Babington College 1 day per week. This role is based in Nottingham.
The typical duration of this apprenticeship is 15 months. This apprenticeship is recognised for entry onto the register of IT technicians confirming SFIA level 3 professional competence and those completing the apprenticeship are eligible to apply for registration.
You will receive training to carry out the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist in meeting agreed SLA’s/KPI’s/Metrics for IT support services
- Assist in Network/Server Administration tasks
- Support users and external clients as required
- Assist with the daily running of the IT department
- Provide ad-hoc out of hours support to cover for critical/ emergency IT issues
- Any other IT/facility based duties required by the business
- Follow through with users to ensure tickets raised are completed within SLA
- Project related work will be within a specific discipline (Infrastructure, Development or Desktop Support)
Occasional travel may be required to other sites
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s, grade 4 and above, including Maths and English.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise workloads on a daily basis
- A keen interest in Information Technology Services and an eagerness to learn
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Please note – Babington College will screen applications and contact you if your application is successful.
In return, you will receive a competitive apprenticeship salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.