Senior Project Scientist
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Due to business growth, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Project Scientist to join our Pharmaceutical Development team. As the Senior Project Scientist you will work alongside our Project Management team to deliver integrated drug development projects within Pharmaceutical Sciences and you will have interaction with clients from the initiation of the programme. In this role, you may also line manage members of the Development team.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Managing client interaction from initiation of projects to ensure customer satisfaction and delivery with pharmaceutical sciences activities
- Responsible and accountable for formulation and process development of the full ranges of dosage forms and routes of administration up to IMPD submission, and acting as technical expert thereafter
- Able to lead and/or supervise several complex development programmes simultaneously
- Writing, review and approval of development plans, protocols, reports and lab write ups, and client updates
- Conduct, coordination and supervision of formulation and process development activities
- Ensuring smooth transition of projects from Development into GMP operations
- Responsible for mentoring, training and developing the team
- Completion / review of LIRs and QIs where appropriate
- Responsible for compliance with relevant EHS and regulatory legislation
Due to the nature of this role, you will be required to be based onsite in Nottingham, with occasional home working.
The successful candidate will have previous technical experience in formulation process development, within a CDMO environment. Clinical, early phase experience is preferred. We are particularly interested in candidates who have a strong background formulating solid oral dosage forms.
Other skills and experience required:
- Minimum degree level qualification in pharmacy or chemistry related discipline
- Extensive experience in CMC product development or as a study lead
- Line management or supervisory experience is advantageous but not essential
- cGMP experience will be an advantage
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.