GMP Maintenance Engineer
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Due to business growth we have a fantastic opportunity for a GMP Maintenance Engineer. As the GMP Maintenance Engineer you will be contribute to the success of the business through effective maintenance of manufacturing process equipment and facilities to improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE). To minimize equipment downtime through quick intervention, fault finding and implementing corrective actions to improve machine availability and efficiency.
- To effectively manage the GMP and laboratory facilities equipment.
- To appraise, evaluate and, where necessary, tender for pharmaceutical equipment.
- To identify cost savings through consolidation of contractor services where applicable.
- To perform and ensure that all GMP, and lab equipment is covered by PPM and reactive maintenance; and to ensure that any down-time is minimised.
- To act as the first point of contact for staff to report faults/issues with equipment/facilities within GMP and the labs. To perform and organise remedial and corrective work as appropriate.
- To liaise with external engineers, ensuring that all contractors involved with GMP and the labs are appropriately supervised and that any work performed is aligned with relevant working practices.
- To undertake trouble shooting of machines.
- To set up and improve the engineering processes continuous improvement initiatives (e.g. Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM, TPM, Critical Spares etc.).
- To assist with environmental monitoring (viable and non-viable) within GMP facilities.
- To support other duties that support GMP and Lab Operations as required.
- Must have extensive experience of maintaining process equipment such as mixers, tablet presses, fluid bed dryers etc. within a pharmaceutical production environment.
- Demonstrable track record of cost effective management of specialist subcontractor services.
- Multi-Skilled Engineering Qualification.
- Must have the ability to fault find perform necessary machinery repairs within a GMP environment.
- Be able to implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Experience completing necessary documentation i.e. QIs, CCs and CAPAs.
- Familiar with industrial Health and Safety requirements.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK at the time of being offered employment.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.