Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
- Responsible for the performance of patient clinical testing to include specimen processing, test performance and for reporting test results.
- To comply & adhere to COLA/CLIA guidelines and regulations as required of this role.
- To ensure study data is collected to a high quality in accordance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) standards.
- To ensure subject safety at all times
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Read procedures fully before performing any tasks.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all patient information throughout all phases of laboratory testing.
- Ensure that all orders received by physicians are documented. If orders are verbally received, written (or electronic) records must follow them within 30 days.
- Receipt of specimens collected by others (patient, physician, nurse): Ensure the specimens are fully labelled, are collected in the proper container.
- Process specimens for referral testing following established protocol.
- Inventory control: Maintain an adequate supply of all reagents and consumables to perform patient testing or specimen collection. If expiration is approaching, replacement materials should be ordered.
- Perform all routine daily, weekly, monthly, and periodic maintenance and function checks following established protocol.
- Perform calibration and calibration verification following established protocols. Verify calibration by performing Quality Control procedures before beginning patient testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory science, OR a medical technology degree from an accredited institution, OR an associate degree in a chemical, physical or biological science.
- Florida License Medical Technologist in a minimum of three areas: Chemistry, Hematology and Serology (5 areas preferred).
- Certification as ASCP or AMT preferred.
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to client demands
In return you will receive a competitive salary, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org.