Our growing and successful business comprises of over 850 talented individuals globally, in an environment where everybody counts and is instrumental to our success. With state-of-the-art manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA, we deliver a full range of drug development solutions around the globe saving our clients both time and money.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development world, specialising in delivering innovative solutions that integrate formulation development, real time GMP manufacturing and clinical testing We pride ourselves on the quality of our services and our engaged culture. We are passionate about helping our customers get new medicines to market.
- Responsible for the performance of patient clinical testing to include specimen processing, test performance and for reporting test results.
- To comply & adhere to COLA/CLIA guidelines and regulations as required of this role.
- To ensure study data is collected to a high quality in accordance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) standards.
- To ensure subject safety at all times
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Read procedures fully before performing any tasks.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all patient information throughout all phases of laboratory testing.
- Ensure that all orders received by physicians are documented. If orders are verbally received, written (or electronic) records must follow them within 30 days.
- Receipt of specimens collected by others (patient, physician, nurse): Ensure the specimens are fully labelled, are collected in the proper container.
- Process specimens for referral testing following established protocol.
- Inventory control: Maintain an adequate supply of all reagents and consumables to perform patient testing or specimen collection. If expiration is approaching, replacement materials should be ordered.
- Perform all routine daily, weekly, monthly, and periodic maintenance and function checks following established protocol.
- Perform calibration and calibration verification following established protocols. Verify calibration by performing Quality Control procedures before beginning patient testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory science, OR a medical technology degree from an accredited institution, OR an associate degree in a chemical, physical or biological science.
- Florida License Medical Technologist in a minimum of three areas: Chemistry, Hematology and Serology (5 areas preferred).
- Certification as ASCP or AMT preferred.
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to client demands
In return you will receive a competitive salary, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.