Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
- General materials management duties for Quotient Sciences facilities including receipt of materials in warehouse, delivery of received materials, tracking of received materials, staging and shipping using appropriate company systems.
- Work with Procurement to handle central supplies, including counting of items on hand, picking and delivering to requesting departments
- To comply & adhere to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Unloading, unpacking and verifying specification of incoming material
- Recording shipment/receipt data as required in ERP computer system (or equivalent)
- Delivering or routing material to different departments or staging areas in the facility using material handling equipment (MHE) such as hand truck, fork lift or carts when required
- Receipts of GMP materials or controlled substances, chemicals and overnight and rush shipments that require immediate attention and delivery to requesting departments
- Replenish Central Inventory and input requirements in ERP system (or equivalent)
- Inspect physical condition of warehouse and equipment, and operate forklift, pallet jack, or other typical warehouse equipment to organize inventory for storage and shipment.
- Participate in cyclical audits of Central Inventory items
- Pick-up and deliver intercompany mail
- Stage material of manufacturing
- Shipping of GMP and Non-GMP materials.
- Performs housekeeping to assure the Warehouse is continuously maintained in a safe and orderly condition and in accordance to GMP practices.
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines including FDA, EPA, DOT, OSHA and DEA. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Be flexible with shift time to support shipping/receiving activities and available for any overtime planned
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by:
- Making suggestions for improvement
- Providing overtime as needed
- Learning new skills, procedures and processes
- Is available for other duties as required.
- Is available for overtime as needed.
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to client demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must wear steel toe shoes while working.
- Ability to work around latex, chemicals, compounds and dust
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED.
- 1-2 years of experience in warehousing, shipping or receiving preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel...etc.
- Preferable experience of working in a pharmaceutical analytical/manufacturing environment or equivalent experience in another role
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.