Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
- Production mechanic will be responsible for set up, troubleshooting, repairs, and maintenance of production equipment, parts and facilities at Quotient Sciences -PHL.
- To comply & adhere to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Set up equipment per the approved procedures and production requirement
- Perform preventive maintenance (PM) on equipment
- Diagnose and troubleshoot any equipment issues during the production run. Provide on-floor support to manufacturing teams in the GMP facilities to minimize downtime
- Repair equipment and replace parts as needed
- Maintain equipment change parts, wear and tear parts inventory and order as required
- Perform inspection and maintain tablet and capsule machine tooling
- Provide feedback to be included in SOP
- Train other users of equipment in set up and operation
- Perform and document work in compliance with SOP’s, Safety Health & Environment, standards, and GMP to include in work orders, records, and logbooks.
- Work with Supervisors, Operators, Engineers, and other Mechanics to identify and implement opportunities to improve equipment/production efficiencies.
- Respond to multiple equipment/production problems and prioritize or change assignments as needed to meet production demands.
- Communicate with equipment vendors regarding installation, operation, repair and parts
- Order parts
- Request vendor assistance for repairs when required
- Oversee and coordinate vendor/contractor repair/maintenance
- Be able to read and understand equipment manuals, specifications, drawings, etc.
- Skilled and safe use of proper tools
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work with full shift in GMP production area
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
- Responding to urgent calls
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent required; technical training, education or mechanic certification preferred
- 5+ years in manufacturing mechanics, minimum of 3 years work experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.