Director, Supply Chain
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
- This position is responsible for establishing and continuously improving Supply Chain, Logistics and Customer Service for our clinical and commercial manufacturing business units while identifying ways to minimize cost
- Comply & adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Distribution Practices (GDP) and Good Import/Export Practices
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Liase with customers to forecast short-term and long-term product needs. Be on top of changing demands to optimize and maximize manufacturing resource utilization and productivity
- Implement and maintain customer-oriented process to maximize customer satisfaction, while optimizing cost effectiveness and inventory levels
- Actively participate in internal Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) meetings and ensure the site can deliver on established plans
- Plan, manage and coordinate activities related to material and supply sourcing with procurement and warehouse teams to meet the product demand at all times and ensure a supply chain without constraints
- In association with Procurement, develop effective supplier partnerships.
- As part of the company’s Quality System, maintain and continuously improve the supply chain quality system processes and procedures that integrate risk management and ensure applicable regulatory requirements are met and industry best practices adopted; drives department compliance with all applicable global policies and procedures
- Responsible for the data integrity, management and communication of all supply related plans and schedules across the site and with other sites, as applicable,
- Support company’s and customer’s Import/Export activities
- Establish/optimize supply chain processes and measure performance through KPIs
- Work across internal functions to communicate the timelines to achieve 100% OTIF and minimize start times
- Manage the warehouse operations and personnel
- Act as SME for any process improvements, troubleshooting, investigations related to supply chain
- Support customer and regulatory audits
- Maximize customer satisfaction
- Develop a continuous improvement culture whereby employees are coached and mentored to be change leaders. Managing staffing of team, including ongoing training and professional development and performance management of supply chain and warehouse personnel.
- Serve as the escalation point for both customer and supplier issues, including those issues that may affect the on-time and cost-effective supply of product
- Develop and sustain customer relationships through direct interaction, responsiveness and accountability. Maintain open communication with customers using appropriate tools as necessary
- Ensure compliance with current international, federal, state and local regulations.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends
- Establishes an environment that fosters diversity and encourages teamwork
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work with full shift in GMP production area
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
- Responding to urgent calls
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, or related field, with a minimum of 8 years of progressively increasing managerial experience in pharmaceutical supply chain. Master's Degree in related field is preferred
- American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) certification a strong advantage
- Proven track record in global supply chain management
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office packages
- Experience and knowledge of GMP and GDP
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.