Materials Management Warehouse Supervisor
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Due to our continued growth and success a great opportunity has arisen for a Materials Management Warehouse Supervisor to join our Manufacturing Operations team based in Reading. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring that the warehouse operation follows all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and for keeping accurate records of receipt of material and goods deliveries to and from the site. You will also be responsible for the correct storage of these materials in both controlled and uncontrolled environment conditions, in fridges and freezers, and their timely delivery to the on-site facility for manufacturing operations. In addition, all Health and Safety procedures must be followed, and the warehouse kept in a clean, tidy and compliant state at all times.
Other main tasks and responsibilities include:
- To provide leadership to the warehouse team so that all operational parameters are met.
- To provide hands-on support to the Materials Management team.
- To coordinate with site Project Management, Operations and QA Teams.
- To ensure the timely ordering and booking of incoming materials via in-house material management software as well as manual documentation. Arranging labelling and storage of the materials, updating stock cards and transporting materials between Manufacturing and Warehouse.
- To keep the materials stored according to prescribed storage conditions.
- To monitor status of stored material and arrange materials disposal when required.
- To complete and maintain technical documentation related to materials management according to company SOP’s.
- To carry out weekly stock-takes of PPE equipment and other consumables ordered by following stock levels.
- To strive to maintain/improve standards of GMP housekeeping.
- To maintain the operational status of the warehouse and documentation in conjunction with QA and keep warehouse in the inspection-ready status at all times
- To work safely within H&S guidelines and in accordance with company procedures.
- To support other areas within the company when asked to do so, based on the need as directed by the management.
- To provide SME (Subject Matter Expert) role for Materials Management activity
- To carry out any deviation investigations, CAPA implementation and SOPs reviews related to Materials Management operations
- The ideal candidate must be educated to GCSE/A level or HND and have a good knowledge of, and experience in, working in a materials management/ supply chain in a regulated industry preferably pharmaceuticals.
- Applicants must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK upon being offered employment.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.