Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Quotient Sciences have an exciting career opportunity available for an experienced Analytical Scientist based at the site in Reading.
You will join an experienced team of Analytical Scientists, within Pharmaceutical Operations, which are responsible for the manufacturing, packaging and releasing of drug products to our sponsors in a matter of days or weeks rather than months. Quotient’s approach maximizes flexibility around batch size and the timing of supply to our sponsors selected site. Our approach is used across all drug product types.
There is always a fresh challenge, offering you the chance to develop your expertise within the cutting edge of Pharmaceutical Science.
In this role you will provide analytical support to IMP manufacture and release, formulation and screening groups and method development and validation (under supervision). This is a hands-on role requiring you to actively participate in day-to-day lab activities.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Actively participate in day-to-day lab activities
- Analytical support to IMP manufacture and release
- Analytical support to formulation and screening groups
- To evaluate data under supervision
- Participate in analytical support to method development and validation
- Participate in general lab maintenance tasks
- Help maintain sample submission system
- Ensure the lab is well stocked and resourced
- Performs job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP and all other regulatory agency requirements
- Operate the HPLC, Dissolution and associated systems in compliance with documentation e.g. SOPs
The successful candidate will have experience of working within a GMP laboratory/ pharmaceutical development environment as an Analytical Scientist. You will have a good working knowledge of method development and validation and have experience of HPLC and Empower data acquisition system.
Other skills and experience required for this role:
- Reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated as well as having excellent communication skills both written and verbally.
- Strong IT skills and experience of completing documentation with a high degree of accuracy
- Flexibility to work outside of normal hours and to do shift work as and when required by the company
- Flexibility to take on other cross functional responsibilities based on company
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK at the time of being offered employment.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.