Senior Director, Pharmaceutical Development
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Due to continued business growth we have an exciting new career opportunity at our site in Reading for a Senior Director, Pharmaceutical Development.
Quotient Sciences site in Reading is a growing contract development and manufacturing site (CDMO) consisting of over 80 employees, providing early phase development services through to proof of concept. Of particular focus is the development and GMP manufacture of oral dosage (solids and liquids) and inhaled drug delivery systems.
Reporting to the VP & Site Head, the Senior Director, Pharmaceutical Development will be responsible for the technical leadership of the Formulation Development, Clinical Trial Manufacturing and Technical Operations teams at Quotient’s site in Reading, ensuring corporate commercial and operational goals are delivered.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all activities are conducted in line with the necessary health & safety, quality and regulatory compliance requirements, in accordance with company and external guidelines
- Ensuring adequate recruitment, training and employee development to maintain a highly motivated, skilled and efficient group to meet the needs of the business
- Operational responsibility for the management of activities, to ensure on time in full delivery of pharmaceutical development and GMP clinical trial manufacturing aspects
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with clients to ensure first class service provision from the Reading site, mentor and develop the team with client facing communications to improve delivery and customer satisfaction
- Maintaining and publicising monthly metrics demonstrating performance
- Ensuring all operational SOPs are current and provide updates into other site SOPs as needed
- Providing supervision, mentoring and direction to direct reports, ensuring clear annual objectives for performance to be measured against, and hold regular support meetings to review progress
- Driving continuous improvements at the Reading site to deliver operational efficiencies and enhanced compliance standards
- Research, development and implementation of innovative operational capabilities to drive business growth
- Participating in client or regulatory audits as required
- Ensuring equipment is maintained and available for use in accordance with local procedures
- Supporting scoping of projects as required
- You will have budgetary responsibility for labour resource planning, capital expenditure requirements, process and purchasing approval limits to be adhered to in line with Company policy.
The successful candidate will have a Science/Life Science degree, preferably with higher degree and significant experience in an R&D management role in the pharmaceutical services sector CDMO. You will have relevant experience and understanding in CMC aspects of pharmaceutical product development including, formulation and GMP clinical trial manufacturing.
To be successful in this role, you must have strong leadership skills coupled with a technical background and a proven capability for defining and monitoring relevant metrics and driving improvements to ensure first class operational performance.
Other skills and experience required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong customer and stakeholder relationships
- Effective verbal and written communication skills allowing you to present complex information to others clearly and logically
- A driven and forward thinking leader with the ability to drive through change improvements and motivate teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, problem solving environment, working to strict and tight deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
We require the Senior Director, Development to be based onsite in Reading.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.