Screening Research Technician( FT-Temporary Training Provided)
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
- The Screening Research Technician is responsible for following protocol guidelines for the preparation, collection, transfer, storage and shipping of all screening specimens according to protocol requirements and OSHA/State of Florida biohazardous regulations.
- Responsibilities include collect biological samples, perform phlebotomy, vital signs, and ECG’s in accordance of the specific screening activities.
- To ensure study data is collected to a high quality in accordance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) standards.
- To ensure volunteers safety at all times.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for reading and understanding all protocols and schedules.
- Responsible for the proper collection, processing and labeling of all specimens.
- Responsible for verifying the completion and accuracy of specimen records. Must be · familiar with all relevant SOPs.
- Responsible for order laboratory test panels per protocol requirements.
- Responsible for the performance of quality control checks for lab requisitions.
- Verifies that all biohazardous materials are disposed of appropriately.
- Responsible for performance of vital sign and ECG measurements as assigned.
- Assist the recruitment team when required.
- Provided administrative support to Screening Nurse as required.
- Assists in any other duties as assigned.
Additional tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to coordinate, organize and prioritize to accomplish tasks.
- Able to interact successfully with personnel and research volunteers.
- Ability to interpret and implement protocol guidelines.
- Ability to assume increasing levels of responsibility and perform effectively.
- Self directed - able to perform with minimal supervision.
- Include Cross Training
- Ability to plan effectively.
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to client demands
- High School Diploma
- Phlebotomist/ Medical Assistant certificate.
- Working knowledge of State of Florida OSHA guidelines.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Thorough in task completion - attention to detail.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.