Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Responsible for managing the working status of lab equipment with minimal supervision, including:
- Overall management of calibration and maintenance program, including execution of activities and/or scheduling with internal customers and external vendors
- Continuous evaluation of calibration and maintenance program against industry standards or areas for improvement
- Work with lab management on out of service lab equipment priority, scheduling personal work and/or outsourcing in accordance with priority set by lab management
- Minimize lab equipment downtime, track and report metrics for lab equipment downtime, drive improvement, share information and updates to lab management
- Report issues with lab equipment usage to lab management and lab training program to enhance and/or improve lab equipment usage and minimize repairs or issues cause by lab equipment user errors
- Advise lab management on equipment purchases, steering away from known problematic vendors and/or suggest superior options for equipment reliability
- Support lab systems administration functions
- Support new equipment assessments/validation as secondary responsibility, as available
- To comply & adhere to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Operate and troubleshoot the following instruments/equipment to test pharmaceutical samples:
- Dissolution apparatus
- Karl-Fisher water content titrator
- Other analytical instruments
- Manage and execute all assigned calibration, maintenance, and repair activities, including oversight of external vendors, as necessary
- Write and review methods, reports, SOPs, etc. as it relates to lab equipment calibration, maintenance and/or system administration support
- Work with Facilities group to maintain Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Maintenance includes, but is not limited to, the following: identifying new assets to the system; status changes to existing assets; updating historical events in the system; auditing the system for accuracy.
- Remain current in profession and industry trends
- Make a positive contribution as demonstrated by making suggestions for improvement
- Learn new skills, procedures and processes including aspects of formulation development
- Is available for other duties as required
- Is available for overtime as needed
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to client demands
- 3-5 years experience performing lab equip calibration and/or maintenance. 1-3 years working in a regulated environment such as GxP, ISO 9002 or other environment with a defined quality system.
- 1-3 years of direct usage with CMMS.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.