Purchasing Assistant Apprentice- CIPS Level 3
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
We have an exciting Apprenticeship opportunity in our Purchasing Department for a Purchasing Assistant Apprentice – CIPS Level 3. The apprenticeship training is provided by Supply Chain Consultants. You will be required to be onsite full-time. You will receive on the job training throughout the duration of your apprenticeship and ongoing.
The Purchasing team consists of five people at various levels, your role will be to support the Purchasing Administrator who will also act as your mentor during the apprenticeship. You will also receive blended learning from Skills Coaches at Supply Chain Consultants, there will be 10 days virtual delivery training, x5 90-minute exams, and 1 day induction over an 18-24 month period.
This role is based at our site in Nottingham.
The typical duration of this apprenticeship is 18-24 months. Upon completing the Procure and Supply Assistant Apprenticeship you will be certified a CIPS level 3 advanced certificate.
Summary of job purpose
Primary responsibilities include supporting the procurement of various commodity groups, services and capital requests. Process and expedite purchase orders for materials, supplies and services through approved requisition process for all UK sites. Conduct all end-to-end purchasing activities in compliance with company policy, procedures and objectives. Support the Goods-In area and stores operation as necessary and provide general purchasing support to the business, ensuring the efficient management of the administrative duties of the Department and Dimensions purchase ordering system.
You will receive training to carry out the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Create purchase orders from approved requisitions or approved capital requests and expedite as necessary. (includes checking and amending order details, consolidating orders where possible, placing and chasing orders with suppliers, liaising with end users)
- Update and maintain Non-stock order tracker sheet
- Ensure all orders are placed and goods received in sufficient time to meet the operational demands of the business
- Communicate any supplier discrepancies or situations related to receipt and shipment of goods that may affect operations to the appropriate personnel, department and clients.
- Liaise with Finance and investigate and rectify invoice queries as necessary
- Add and book in carriage charges/surcharge to orders against invoice
- Create PDF copy of service orders and email to end users
- Organise shipments between UK sites
- Arrange goods returns including creating internal collection note
- Ensure back office filing and administrative functions are optimised
- Provide cover for the stores and stock requisition function during periods of planned and unplanned absence
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the general Purchasing Function
- Attend and complete training and associated apprenticeship tasks
The successful candidate must have Functional Skills level 2 or GCSE certificates A*- C or 4 – 9 or equivalent in English and Maths.
In addition, the candidate should be interested in pursuing a career in purchasing. You will be eager to learn, motivated and able to commit to an 18-24 month apprenticeship. At the end of the apprenticeship your progress will be reviewed for consideration of further career opportunities.
- Having to ‘multi-task’ and prioritise a range of tasks/ issues simultaneously
- Working to tight deadlines (occasional)
- Proficient in Microsoft packages including Excel
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
- Good attention to detail
- Customer focused
- Confident in talking on the phone
In return, you will receive a competitive apprenticeship salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org.