Volunteer Recruiter- Per Diem (Afternoon/Evening Shift)
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
The Volunteer Recruiter is responsible for making telephone appointments with prospective research volunteers. Other duties include the effective tracking and recording of scheduled outpatient visits by current or prospective research volunteersWork is primarily performed at the Screening Office. To comply & adhere to GCP guidelines and regulations as required of this role.To ensure study data is collected to a high quality in accordance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) standards.
Other tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Answer and distribute all incoming telephone calls
- Answer telephone inquiries of potential volunteers in regard to ongoing studies
- Initiate telephone calls to prospective research volunteers for inclusion in clinical trials
- Schedules research volunteers for screening appointments, clinic visits, follow-up visits and overnight clinic admissions and transportation as needed
- Tracks screening status and notification of prospective research volunteers
- Assists in screening logistics and distributing copies of informed consent to prospective participants
- Assists in maintaining computerized database of research volunteers
- Work with Senior Volunteer Registration Coordinator to prepare advertising for upcoming studies
- Provide administrative support to Volunteer Registration Coordinator when required
- Process application forms and enter data on to TrialOne
- Tracks response to volunteer recruiting efforts
- Work with medical team and other staff to assess volunteer suitability for the studies
- Assists in obtaining medical records from outside sources
- Copying, faxing and filing
- Prepares volunteer files, assures all screening forms (study specific) are included and are completed by volunteers
- Obtains subject identification information such as social security card, Florida driver’s license, and obtains a complete W-9 etc. and provides two copies of the identifications for the volunteer file
- Responsible for the follow-up activities, including but not limited to: contacting missed appointments and rescheduling, confirming appointments scheduled for the following day and preparing subjects file for the next day’s work
- Act as Recruitment Lead on assigned studies
- Assists with the other administrative and clerical duties as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette. Previous experience in customer services.
- Ability to effectively plan and assist with tracking the study volunteers
- Associate degree (preferred) or high school graduate with work experience
- Ability to coordinate, organize and perform multiple tasks
- Computer literacy and data entry experience
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Previous experience in recruiting, interviewing and instructing volunteers
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to client demands
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to coordinate, organize and prioritize to accomplish tasks
- Able to interact successfully with personnel and research volunteers
- Ability to interpret and implement protocol guidelines
- Ability to assume increasing levels of responsibility and perform effectively
- Self-directed - able to perform with minimal supervision
- Ability to plan effectively
In return you will receive a competitive salary, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.