COVID-19 Tester/Clinical Lab Technician
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
The COVID-19 Tester/Clinical Lab Technician is responsible to collect biological samples, including creating requisitions and labeling samples for COVID-19 testing.To help schedule testing and track participant compliance with appointments and to obtain informed consent when necessary.Responsible for following protocol guidelines for the preparation, collection, transfer and storage of all specimens according to protocol requirements.To comply and adhere to GCP guidelines and regulations as required of this role.To ensure study data is collected to a high quality in accordance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) standards.
Other tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for preparing and collecting nasal-pharyngeal samples for PCR testing of COVID-19 for both employees of Quotient Sciences as well as study participants.
- In charge of maintaining the cleanliness of the testing booth and all testing materials, in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Responsible for keeping track of supplies needed for testing (swabs, tubes, and gloves).
- Responsible for creating requisitions of the PCR samples via an online program to be prepared in a timely fashion and sent to a laboratory for results.
- In charge of obtaining Informed Consents of PCR testing for volunteers who wish to be enrolled/screen for a clinical study.
- Willing to assist in the bookkeeping, filing and reporting of PCR related documents/materials.
- Proactively promote working in a safe and responsible manner at all times.
- Learn how to perform COVID tests on our rapid-result machines
- Reviews and understands study protocols and laboratory sample handling/processing requirements prior to initiation of study.
- Places samples in a rack in numerical order by subject number for transfer into previously prepared and labeled storage vials.
- Centrifuges blood samples according to the speed and duration of time as requested by the protocol.
- Compares collection tube and storage vial, ensuring that both tube and vial are correct, and pipettes plasma or serum into the correct storage vial prior to freezing or further processing.
- Documents the time samples were placed in the centrifuge, the transfer of each specimen to a freezer vial and the time the samples were placed in the freezer onto the appropriate Laboratory Sample Processing Record or in an electronic sample tracking system following GCP and GDP.
- Verifies that all biohazardous materials are disposed of in the appropriate biohazard container and/or box, and that they are properly labeled and placed in the bio hazardous waste transport container for pickup.
- Assists with any other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- High attention to detail
- Phlebotomist certificate preferred
- Detail-oriented and willing to work some hours outside
- Bilingual (English-Spanish), preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures and wear PPE at all times
- Working outside normal working hours – sometimes early starts (eg 7 am) are necessary
In return you will receive a competitive salary, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at email@example.com.