Commercial Analytical Scientist III
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
The position may reside in any one of the functional areas and carry out the responsibility under supervision:
- Analytical method development, validation, and transfer activities.
- Formulation development work including Material characterization and physical testing
- API/raw material sampling and testing, In-process and finished product testing, cleaning verification swabbing and testing.
- Notebook/report review, training, technical writing activities.
- Implementing, testing, using, or administrating LIMS.
- To comply & adhere to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Operate and troubleshoot the following instruments/equipment to test pharmaceutical samples:
- Dissolution apparatus
- Karl-Fisher water content titrator
- Other analytical instruments as directed
- Follow analytical test methods, compendial methods, experimental procedures and SOP’s
- Document test results in laboratory notebook, in real-time, and communicate status of test results to supervisor
- Peer review of laboratory notebooks for technical details
- Maintain control of all project related samples submitted to the laboratory
- Initiate documentation process, compile data into reports, author analytical test methods
- Implement, test, use, or administrate LIMS
- Perform housekeeping to assure the laboratory is continuously maintained in a safe and orderly condition
- Carry out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines including FDA, EPA, OSHA and DEA. Comply with all company and site policies and procedures
- Manage responsibilities and work in an efficient manner to assure accurate and timely data reports
- Consult and work closely with supervisor regarding any issues with sample preparation, instrument performance, data acquisition and analysis as it applies to data integrity and accuracy
- Train on all the SOPs and company procedures on regular basis and remain up to date with the training curriculum
- Remain current in profession and industry trends
- Make a positive contribution as demonstrated by making suggestions for improvement
- Learn new skills, procedures and processes including aspects of formulation development
- Is available for other duties as required
- Is available for overtime as needed
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to client demands
- Requires B.S. in Chemistry or equivalent with at least of 5 years or M.S. with at least 2 years related experience, or Ph.D. degree with 0-2 years of industrial pharmaceutical laboratory experience or a combination of equivalent training, experience and education.
- Understanding of experiment documentation and basic laboratory skills.
- Experience in commercial manufacturing testing.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org.