Technical Operations Manager
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Due to our continued growth and success a great opportunity has arisen for a Technical Operations Manager to join our Manufacturing Operations team based in Reading. In this role you will be responsible for supporting Process Development and Clinical Trial batch manufacturing of solid, non-sterile semi-solid and liquid products within the Manufacturing Operations. The team may also be required to support the Technical Transfer of products and processes into and out of the Manufacturing facilities as required and support capacity enhancement and regulatory compliance projects at Reading site.
Other main tasks and responsibilities include:
- In this role you will lead a team responsible for ensuring GMP Manufacturing equipment is qualified, calibrated and maintained in compliance to approved procedures, and is available for use as required by manufacturing project plans.
- Ensure equipment documentation meets regulatory expectations, including maintaining a record of manufacturing equipment status.
- Complete quality systems documentation, including authoring SOPs and WIs, completing change control, deviation and CAPA documents. Lead deviation and root cause investigations.
- Support regulatory and customer audits.
- Liaise with suppliers and contractors to ensure timely delivery of spares and completion of maintenance and calibration activities.
- Lead the introduction of new manufacturing equipment, including specification, design and validation. Author/approve associated documentation.
- Line management responsibility for a team of 1-3 maintenance and/or validation engineers
- Train staff members on the use of equipment/systems and facilities. Provide motivation, and creative energy to build team culture.
- Work collaboratively with other departments.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement activities
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical or Food Manufacturing sector
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organisational, problem solving and follow up skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritise effectively
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to work well under pressure and be a good team player
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at email@example.com.