Group Leader (Raw Material Release)
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
- Responsible for leading Raw Material and Retains (Bulk & Sample) Group, driving strategically, the analysing, planning, scheduling and continuously improving Supply Chain Raw Material logistics and customer service policies and procedures
- Manage optimization of a developing supply chain and logistics function both locally and globally
- To comply & adhere to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Provide technical guidance related to all project activities to the raw material staff
- Serve as Project SME for Global Supply Chain assigned projects and act as a technical liaison with Clients to provide written/verbal reports on progress or changes to plan.
- Author, review and approve raw data, reports, SOPs and protocols as needed.
- Work closely with Formulation Development, Commercial Manufacturing, PM, and Quality Assurance departments to meet all Client and Internal technical milestones and forecast needs
- Demonstrate scientific, technical and regulatory proficiency in the area of Raw Material Release
- Demonstrates sound judgment, goal oriented actions and work in collaboration with others
- Participate in initial discussions with potential clients. Work closely with Business Development to provide Client presentations, tours, preparation of development work plans, prepare/review proposals to support current clients and new business opportunities
- Hire and retain the staff; develop and monitor performance and development plans for the staff
- Develop and implements training program for the department personnel
- Responsible for Quality of the work performed by the group
- Provide direction for the development and formulation of long and short-range Raw Material planning, policies, programs and objectives related to Supply Chain and logistics activities
- Serves as the escalation point for both internal customer and supplier issues and complaints, including those issues that may affect the on-time and cost-effective supply of product
- Provide priorities to establish Baseline Schedule Standard for Raw Material receipt, sample, and release
- Provide escalation point for schedule conflicts
- Assures laboratory runs in a safe, clean, and environmentally sound manner in addition to maintaining detailed records for FDA, DEA and safety and environmental purposes.
- Oversee/approve the procurement, installation, validation and calibration of new or existing laboratory instruments, equipment and supplies to ensure reliable, prompt, precise and accurate test data
- Assures that all work is performed in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines including FDA, EPA, OSHA and DEA. Assures group complies with all company and site policies and procedures
- Remains current in profession and industry trends
- Possesses suitable background and maintains current understanding of industry standards in specialty fields, such as Microbiology, as applicable to the team that is managed
- Optimize Schedule: Identify alternative execution options for Raw Material, using tools and techniques such as 'what-if' scenario analysis.
- Designs and implements new or improved systems and processes to drive improvement in levels of internal customer satisfaction with respect to purchasing, raw material receipt, raw material release
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to client demands
- Requires B.S. in Chemistry, Pharmacy or equivalent with at least five (5) years of industrial pharmaceutical laboratory experience, or
- M.S. in Chemistry, Pharmacy or equivalent with at least three (3) years of industrial pharmaceutical laboratory experience, or
- Ph. D. in Chemistry, Pharmacy or equivalent with at least two (2) years of industrial pharmaceutical laboratory hand-on experience;
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical Raw Materials, Logistics, Supply Chain, or related industry experience strongly preferred,
- Thorough and proven experience of retain inventory management
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org.