VP Commercial Operations / Site Head Philadelphia
US ~ Boothwyn, PA
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a VP, Commercial Operations to be responsible for Quotient’s late phase and commercial products organisation.
The role also has overall accountability for our Philadelphia site, ensuring compliance with company and regulatory standards, and supporting company-wide initiatives.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide strategic planning and leadership to ensure a sustainable cost-effective manufacturing and supply chain (with our other sites and suppliers) is in place with a strong focus on world-class manufacturing
- Manage the creation, negotiation and closing of commercial agreements with manufacturing partner/s, including pricing and quality agreements, as well supplier contracts
- Ensure transfer of product effectively into late phase development and through commercialisation
- Provide leadership to and ensure that matrix functions such as supply chain, facilities and engineering, EHS, etc. fully support both Pharmaceutical Sciences and Commercial products functions
- Work closely with the site QA to ensure full compliance and keep the site inspection-ready at all times
- Provide leadership/support during regulatory and customer audits.
- Lead the build of a new purpose built late phase commercial facility and future relocation
- Manage the development of the organization, including recruiting suitably qualified and capable staff, and developing effective processes and cost-effective organizational structures
- Utilize lean sigma principles to improve processes. Maintain, track, trend, report and utilize KPIs to drive improvements
- Represent the site and late stage commercial function at relevant leadership meetings and collaborate with other site and global leaders
- Live and deliver the Quotient Manifesto; drive, implement and support strategic initiatives at the Philadelphia site. Develop a continuous improvement culture whereby employees are coached and mentored to be change leaders
- Managing ongoing training and professional development and performance management of personnel
- Serve as the escalation point for both customer and supplier issues, including those issues that may affect the on-time and cost-effective supply of product
- Develop and sustain customer relationships through direct interaction, responsiveness and accountability. Maintain open communication with customers using appropriate tools as necessary
- Ensure compliance with current international, federal, state and local regulations.
We are looking for a talented leader who thrives in a fast-paced working environment. The successful candidate will have a relevant Degree or equivalent technical career experience in manufacturing or related engineering discipline.
A proven track record in production management at a senior level within a pharmaceutical product manufacturing business is essential for this role.
Other skills and experience required:
- Broad manufacturing and pharmaceutical development experience especially in oral solid dose
- Demonstrable experience of sustained achievements in assembly production and process improvements
- Strong people manager with proven leadership and communication skills
- Strong experience in quality risk management
- Applicable and broad range of Lean techniques/tools
- Demonstrable organisational and planning skills
- A self-motivated individual with strong analytical, negotiation, communication, presentation, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Prepared to operate in a hands-on manner, lead by example and be visible
- Naturally tenacious, driven by business success, have a passion for manufacturing high quality products and services to achieve outstanding manufacturing performance
- Ability to quickly analyse complex situations and be an effective problem solver, while operating a results-focused, professional and well-organised approach
- A proven track record of successful negotiations with key suppliers and an understanding of supply contract structures and standard terms & conditions is essential.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org.