Maintenance Technician / Plumber
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
- Install, maintain, and repair building plumbing systems and fixtures.
- Perform/document assigned system/equipment preventive maintenance tasks.
- Perform daily building system checks using established processes.
- Support department on-call rotation process for off hours equipment alarms.
- Support maintenance team members providing collaboration and expertise.
- Mentor junior maintenance technicians in areas of experience and knowledge.
- Comply & adhere to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards.
- Provide support to Maintenance Manager on ad-hoc projects and initiatives.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Perform repairs, installation, preventive maintenance, and operational monitoring of facility systems, equipment and pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment/systems.
- Execute facilities plumbing related and other work orders as assigned.
- Complete documentation (hard copy or electronic) related to all activities in accordance with SOPs and Good Documentation Practices.
- Oversee and/or coordinate approved vendor service contractors as assigned.
- Fluent in communications (verbal/written) in English.
- Basic mathematics and geometry.
- Must be able to utilize technical documentation (e.g. - manuals, specifications, drawings, etc.) to complete assigned maintenance activities.
- Must be able to assist in root cause analysis of instrumentation/equipment failures.
- May be required to work afternoons or alternating shifts.
Other Skills, Abilities or Qualifications
- Required: Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including: Project, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Required: Ability to read and understand building and MEP systems plans/drawings.
- Required: Ability to work independently as well as with others in a team environment.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Experience contributing to a variety of process and facility maintenance projects in the Pharmaceutical industry. A technician who can work at a quick pace in a productive plant and who likes to creatively solve problems is preferred. Ability to develop written plans and verbally communicate those plans that have strong initiative is desired.
- Frequently required to stand.
- Frequently required to walk.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl.
- Continually required to talk or hear.
- Continually required to smell.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather).
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally work in high, precarious places.
- Occasionally work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to extreme heat or cold (non-weather).
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision; Distance vision; Color vision; Peripheral vision; Depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to meet OSHA requirements to wear respiratory personal protective equipment (PPE).
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to client demands
- Required: Journeyman level certification from a vocational institution and/or successful documented completion of a relevant accredited trade apprenticeship and industry experience in plumbing.
- Required: Minimum of five (5) years of performing corrective/preventative maintenance activities for plumbing systems and equipment.
- Required: Minimum of two (2) years of working in an FDA regulated GxP environment, an ISO 9002 environment, or other regulated environment with a defined quality system (e.g. - nuclear).
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.