Screening Research Nurse
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
The Screening Research Nurse is responsible for the performance of screening activities for prospective research volunteers Tracks overall study event schedule and participant compliance.To ensure study data is collected to a high quality in accordance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) standards.To ensure subject safety at all times
Other tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Must be able to read and understand protocols and participate in protocol training meetings
- Assists with the recruitment and screening of prospective research volunteers
- Explains research study and obtains proper informed consent. Ensures consents are completed prior to the performance of any screening activities
- Obtains medical histories and documents findings according to SOPs and Good Clinical Practice
- Assists with the performance and/or scheduling of all screening procedures required by protocol
- Assists in obtaining clinical laboratory specimens and shipping to the appropriate laboratory as needed
- Reviews abnormal results of screening tests with the Investigators and alerts volunteers of results, which need further medical evaluation
- Reviews completed screening charts for completeness and conformity with protocol requirements. Reports and documents any clinical results or compliance issues which would lead to study exclusion
- Assists with other duties as assigned
- L.P.N. with at least one year of clinical experience preferably in clinical research
- Fluent in English/Spanish
- Computer proficient
- Excellent organizational skills and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize effectively to meet required deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and self-directed
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to client demands
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to coordinate, organize and prioritize to accomplish tasks
- Able to interact successfully with personnel and research volunteers
- Ability to interpret and implement protocol guidelines
- Ability to assume increasing levels of responsibility and perform effectively
- Self-directed - able to perform with minimal supervision
- Ability to plan effectively
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org.