Clinical Lab Technician (Entry Level) - Per Diem
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
- Responsible for following protocol guidelines for the preparation, collection, transfer and storage of all specimens according to protocol requirements.
- Ensures proper study sample collection and storage of samples and assisting as needed in shipping biological samples to sponsor designated analytical laboratories..
- Ensures high quality study data is collected in accordance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) standards.
Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment and follow OSHA guidelines while performing specific tasks.
Ensures subject safety at all times.
Opportunity for regular growth and promotion upon demonstration of abilities and excellent work performance.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and strict Good Documentation Practices (GDP) guidelines.
- Review and understand study protocols prior to initiation of study.
- Remain up to date with ongoing Protocols and Lab Manual specimen processing requirements.
- Assists in the planning, implementing and verifying the proper preparation of collection tubes, freezer vials and their respective labels.
- Centrifuge blood samples according to the speed and duration of time as detailed by each protocol.
- Compares Correlate high volumes of collection tubes and to storage vials, ensuring that both tube and vial are correct prior to processing of samples.
- Pipette plasma or serum into the correct QC’d storage vial prior to freezing or further processing.
- Submits the lab supply requests to Administration on a timely basis using the properly filled out Lab Supply Request form.
- Assists in identifying and providing the information required for the formatting and processing of labels to be affixed to the blood collection tubes and specimen tubes.
- Maintain source documents, such as the Laboratory Sample Processing records and Sample Inventory records,Record indicating the handling of each specimen following strict GDP guidelines.
- Assist in verifying that the lab requisitions for specimens, including blood and urine, sent to the outside clinical labs contain the correct test(s), date and time of collection and other specimen identifiers (subject numbers, etc).
- Verifie that all bio hazardous materials are disposed of in the appropriate biohazard container and/or boxappropriately,, following site SOPs and State of Florida OSHA guidelines.
- Work as a team with other lab and clinical staff to accomplish tasks.
Maintain clean, efficient and organized work space.
- Assist in any other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Experience in laboratory procedures preferable or eager to learn with no experience
- Must be able to separate plasma and operate laboratory centrifuges.
- Thorough in task completion - attention to detail.
- Must be computer proficient and comfortable learning new applications
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to client demands
In return you will receive a competitive salary, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org.